Monday 13 May 2013

"After all, tomorrow is another day!"

Everybody has a dream in life, right? Some people's are to do with a house, or a car. Mine, is to own my own clothes shop. It'll be one of them old fashioned tailor shops, where ladies come in and have clothes designed and made for them. I even know what it'd be called, and it'd be next to Prada in London. Harrods and Selfridges would stock some clothes too, as well as other large department styles stores. All major cities around the world would have one of my stores too. There would be 'off the rail' items that people could buy, then tailored clothes, made exactly to people's specifications, and body size. Their clothes would fit like a glove. Dresses can be made like this, but id make all clothes, exactly how the customer would want them. My grandma would work there too, knitting things for me, because I can't knit, and I have no desire to learn either. 




My grandad said to me today, after showing him everything I've made 'you'll be supplying mark and Spencer's soon!' Everybody also has reasons they can't accomplish their dreams, there are currently a few reasons I can't. Funding being a main one, I need to learn how to draw patterns, and to learn you need money, and someone to teach you. However, working nights makes this harder too, as I can't go to night school. Another issue, I need a kick ass sewing machine, another thing that needs a lot of money, of which I don't have. I mean, my sewing machine is adequate, but it just doesn't do all the fancy things it needs to be able to do. Time is another big thing, between working, and spending time with my boyfriend, I sew. It's not enough time to learn, or teach yourself new things. When I deem myself good enough, I will start making small things to sell on, not made to measure though, to try and make some money for my future. If anyone knows of someone/a place that'll teach me how to draw patterns, on the midlands area, can you let me know? And if anyone has any business ideas/ways to start funding my business can you also let me know? If you look at my 'a blog sale page' all money made from there will go towards my business too! I really want to make my dream my life, so I do something everyday that I love! If I dream big, maybe one day ill be big. No point underestimating myself!

Korin <3

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for following me dear, I've followed you back <3

    Keep in touch!
    Roxx~
    http://roxxanaifrim.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing dream! I think you should start trying to sell stuff now. You never know who you will meet who can help you along the way. Don't wait!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have made me want to start NOW! Haha. There are a few things I want to make for myself, then I will get underway with it. Thankyou hun xx

      Delete
  3. It's a really wonderful goal. Your dream makes me giddy inside because we've the same dream! HAHA. If you don't have enough time and money to do this project (it is a HUGE project afterall), why don't you start with something small? Like an online fashion store perhaps? You can just create Facebook page or a blog or somethin' and make that your online store. Then you'll sew like 20 clothes and release that as one collection. It requires less capital and the busiest you'll be is the time before releasing your collection. I and my girlfriend are doing the exact same thing. You've got the followers and the blogging skill so I think everything will go smoothly for you.

    If you have the time, you can check out my online fashion blog, though we'll release our first collection on May 25. Here it is: frolichearts.blogspot.com

    Goodluck to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will start with something small! Good luck to you! I hope it goes well xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks a bunch. Might as well follow my blogs too.:)

      Seen your A Blog Sale and I must say they look good. Did you make them?

      Delete
  4. Hello Korin. I really like your blog and it would mean a lot to me if you would take a minute and check, follow my blog if you like. Thank you so so much, have a nice day,
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I've nominated you for the Liebster award! :)

    The details are here: http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/the-liebster-award_15.html

    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I understand you made the scarf? anyway its nice :)
    Check my blog and let me know if you want to follow each other. :)
    http://www.attitudeunique.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey! Just to let you know I've nominated your blog for the liebster award :) head over to my blog for more details!! xxxxx

    www.littlerenault.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Korin! Lovely blog, I am following you now.


    www.kosmetyczna-hedonistka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely clothing!:) xxx

    www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are awesome hun, and you can definitely reach your goal. just keep focus and working hard :-)
    Anything is possible....

    To Infinity, and Beyond!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just followed your blog, love your sense of style !

    theboatsailed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment.
I read and appreciate them all!
Korin <3