Friday 5 April 2013

'Hearts will never be practical until they're made unbreakable...'

It doesn't take a lot for a person to fall in love, perhaps the person of their dreams, a beautiful car, or a pair if Levi jeans. Or shorts in my case. In 1853, before any of us were even considered, Levi Strauss started to make the first blue jeans, or waist overalls as they were dubbed. Levi 501's then became the best selling item of clothing; still to this day people are purchasing Levi's. I had decided i wanted a pair of Levi shorts, preferably remade ones, just my very own pair. I normally wear a size 8/10 in clothes, so was unsure which size to purchase.


 I however have a nearby 'vintage' shop; I hunted down some Levi's in there and found that the 10 were a better fit for me. So, I bid on a pair of 'remade' Levi's off the eBay seller 'charlie3bear2007.' A few days and £24.43 later I had received my shorts. I was ecstatic for the whole, 'Hurrah, I've got my first pair of Levi shorts' reason, but disappointed, due to the fact I could've sewn the material on equally as well, if not better. That's not saying the job was done badly, because it wasn't. How they've done this I do not know, but I have seen people/businesses who have sewn their material under the loophole, instead of around. This feature makes it look like they were made originally to this design. Also, the material looks like it was tact on, apposed to a sewing machine stitch, or a more secure stitch. However, I have never seen a pair of Levi's like this, so they are unique, which is always a bonus as I like to be original and stand out. They also suit my less 'girly' side while still being relatively girly. I would highly recommend this seller, I have kept the shorts, and I am extremely pleased, so these issues can't really bother me that much can they? Can summer please hurry up? I have Levi's to be showing off!




Korin <3

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Stay tuned, I have some homemade ones coming up soon, and steps on how to do them :D
      Korin <3

      Delete
  2. Oh my these shorts are soooo cool! I will definitely be making myself a pair of these!

    http://coquetnoelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are amazing! Love them!

    Kerry x

    fashionandflame.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to follow my guide on how to make them, that I will post soon!:D
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment.
I read and appreciate them all!
Korin <3