Tuesday 11 June 2013

'The seaweed is always greener in somebody else’s lake'

So, wish me luck! My first beauty blog! I've never really been a lipstick kind of girl. Or for that matter, a makeup kind of girl. If i go out, i'll wear makeup, but wearing it to go to work, what is the point? I have a very manual job and find that it's pointless.





 I went to London the first bank holiday of this year, and i have never bought anything from Harrods, or from MAC, so i thought i'd kill two birds with one stone. I bought a red lipstick. When i got home and applied it, i fell in love! My only issue is that it makes my lips very dry, but if i apply Vaseline first, it doesn't go on as smooth. The colour is amazing, and can be layered up to make a dark red, or just one or two, which gives your lips some colour, but not a drastic. However it does last a long time, which makes it more worth the money! 

While at Harrods i saw another MAC lipstick that i loved, but didn't buy at the time. Since then, i have been looking for a specific colour of lipstick. When shopping in boots i spotted a lady wearing the lipstick i wanted, so my lovely boyfriend asked her what it was, and i ended up purchasing a Clinique lipstick or 'chubby stick' as they call it. It was a bright pink, and didn't make my lips dry at all! It lasted a long time, and again could alter the colour depending on how many layers applied. The pink also makes me look very tanned, which is always good for a pale person. It also makes me feel very perfect (I know i'm far from it!), but it actually makes me feel good about my appearance!

Between the two i have to say that the Clinique 'chubby stick' is my favorite! It makes my lips feel very smooth and lasts such a long time, it is very moisturizing and would definitely buy from them again!

Does anyone else have any makeup brands they use for lipstick? Or do you have any opinions on these lipsticks?


Korin <3

P.S. The first person that can guess what film my title is from, i will mention your blog in my next post!

15 comments:

  1. Love both of those colors!! Especially Macs Ruby Woo! Follow each other?...

    http://thetickledglitter1.blogspot.com

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for a more creamy lipstick or more moisturising one i suggest buying a ysl lipstick! They are amazing and worth every penny. I love the red one!! Need to get myself a chubby stick!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to purchase one of them then! The chubby stick is my favourite! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the mac lipstick :) xx

    gleamingspire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my first MAC products as well a few weeks ago in London! Love MAC! I nominated you for a liebster award here! x http://beautyandthebudgetsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/third-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Blog, do you want to follow eachother? :) Let me know!
    Laura
    alittleredheart.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute blog, a similar product to the chubby stick is the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon, I recommend it! Do you want to follow each other through GFC?x

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love MAC. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Might have to try the chubby stick as I love the colours and need something quite moisturising, great review :)

    Love your blog, now following <3

    Amelia x
    http://mintsunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award :-) it's another way to gain attention to blog which have less than 200 followers. I like reading your blog so if you want to find out more then go to my blog: xsundaygirl.blogspot.com and follow the instructions! Let me know if you do a blog post about it! Also I am now your newest follower! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yum to both!
    Following you know! Please follow back! :D Will appreciate it!
    xx
    Red Alice
    http://redraoalice.blogspot.com/2013/10/october-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colour of the mac lipstick!

    Justsoapril.blogspot.com

    April x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love MAC!

    Wanna follow, lady? Just let me know!

    Kiss
    G+ | PERONALBLOG | BLOGLOVIN’ | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment.
I read and appreciate them all!
Korin <3