Wednesday 17 April 2013

'Why stop dreaming when you wake up?'



Sometimes you can spend days trying to find that one item you have pictured in your head, it may not even exist, but you need it. This is always the case for me, I’ll have imagined the most amazing item, that in my head, looks great on. I’ll search long and hard to find it, until I eventually except it doesn’t exist. Well this one day, I walked into a ‘vintage’ style shop, having never been in there before, and I fell in love with a couple of items, which is rare for me. One being a black lace rockabilly style dress, which I decided not to buy that day, for sensible reasons such as, what bra could I purchase that wouldn’t be seen underneath. However, I now really regret not buying that dress, how I wish I wasn’t in a sensible mood that day.



I did however buy a satchel style bag from that shop, very vintage style, with a modern, bright twist. The bag was purple, with some vintage style flowers covering it. It was so lovely to look at, and the inside didn’t let it down either. Hot pink, silk style material lining the bag, giving it the perfect finishing touch. It was a large bag, with a mobile phone pocket, and two other pockets on the inside (one with a zip), and one on the front too.



As soon as I left the shop, I emptied all my items into it, not being able to wait to use it. Every time I went out with this bag, I would get at least one compliment saying how amazing it was. It was a LYDC London bag, before purchasing this bag, I had never heard of them. After a few days of showing my bag off, I started to notice some things with it, as first I thought I had spilt paint on it, until I noticed the same discolouring all over the bag. The pattern seemed as though it was rubbing off in areas that would be moved a lot, and just becoming a purple bag. 


Another thing I noticed was that the loop to hold excess strap had fallen off too. I must say these few issues did spoil the bag for me, and will make me think again about buying a LYDC London bag again. However it is still my favourite bag, it does still come on regular shopping trips with me, and it does still get lots of compliments. So maybe the discolouring adds some character to the bag, as now it really is one of a kind.


Korin <3

5 comments:

  1. That satchel is so pretty! It's such a lovely find, and I'm sure it can be styled so many ways :)

    Simone, XO
    http://roc-ldn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Korin - I need that satchel in my life. It is gorgeous . New follower here. Love your blog name too it's very quirky. Look forward to reading more from you. A Scottish Lass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou! I have followed you back, and look forward to reading your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Photography and fahion in one. Really great looking blog..

    Thanks for visiting my blog, I got to discover yours.
    And yes, I'm definitely following you.. ;))
    http://majorieann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment.
I read and appreciate them all!
Korin <3